Find best times to post.
1) Start with Tu-Fri between 10 am and 3pm
2) Once we start getting traffic, adjust based on our highest engagement times
Focus posts on what consumers want:
What consumers want (in order of most want to least):
Discounts / sales
Make IG specific sales : (QR Codes, Sale codes, etc.)
Showcase of new products or services
Learn something new
Hear a story
- Use Pinterest to archive Instagram posts
- Pinterest has longer lifespan of posts being saved and seen, so make IG posts archive into Pinterest too.
- Use stories to engage with followers: VR filter
Idea: Make a VR filter for Hanbok or Korean related things that also have our logo
Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCnjH6XLRgA , https://arvrjourney.com/create-your-first-instagram-filter-in-10-steps-290a45de6731
- Run contests
1) Follow to win
2) Like to win
3) Comment to win
4) Enter email to win
5) Participate in challenge to win
- Most important: ENGAGE with followers.
- Make sure to consistently like or respond to a consumer
- Showcase personality when we post (make a ‘voice’)
- Show support for IG accounts that are “causes”
- Highlight trends
- Post stories with polls or questions that people can respond to
- Easy questions: true vs false, what’s your favorite ?, what do you think about ? Suggestions for _?
- Use stories to share user generated content and invite followers to share with us their relevant photos and feature them on our stories
- Example: ask them to tag a friend
- Use stories to post time-sensitive offers and promotions
- Comment on relevant and trending hashtag’ed photos so that our account name gets seen by other people.
- For visuals, make sure they are bright, contrasting (easy to read)
- Interesting Content:
- Make sure our photos have FACES. Faces get more likes than photos without faces.
- Share quotes
- ask people
- Include call to action with the captions
- Add hashtags in the comment (first comment of photo) and make your hashtags a mixture of large, medium, and really small niche hashtags
- Make sure to consistently follow followers of your competitors’ / similar accounts
- Rule of thumb: about 50 per hour
- Do local outreach.
- Choose a city. Drop a relevant comment on the top posts. Be thoughtful about how you comment. Repeat for 10 posts across 10 relevant hashtags
- People love comments, and make sure to engage if they reply to your comments